Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $42.40+ AU $10.00 postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by roxy*books
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $19.44+ AU $4.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.90Trending at AU $51.50
- AU $32.78Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $30.36Trending at AU $39.99
- AU $31.98Trending at AU $45.25
- AU $13.01Trending at AU $16.66
- AU $33.35Trending at AU $36.06
- AU $15.79Trending at AU $25.15
About this product
- DescriptionTheirs is a world of mystery, a place apart. Where children dress like miniature adults, where they speak Pennsylvania Dutch before English (which they usually learn in first grade), where they are entrusted with fieldwork and kitchen duty before they leave elementary school, where theynearly always share three meals a day with their parents and siblings (except lunch during the school year). These are children who grow up without television, computers, or telephones. But they kw their grandparents intimately; the boys can harness a horse and take their part in the twice-daily milking operation; the girls can quilt, bake bread from scratch, and look af ter their preschooler brothers and sisters. What is it like to be an Amish child? With unforgettable photographs, Jerry Irwin shows moments within the Amish community. Children overlookingthe barnraising, scholars as the Amish refer to their elementary-school-aged students) conferring with their teacher, Datt (Pennsylvania Dutch for Datt ), leading a fishing expedition of youngsters,sisters hosing down the buggy, a family at the school picnic, a sister and brother pitching watermelons to Mamm ,(Pennsylvania Dutch for Mom.)The photography is immediate, artistic, respectful.
- Author BiographyPhyllis Pellman Good is a New York Times bestselling author whose books have sold more than 11 million copies. Good is the author of the nationally acclaimed Fix-It and Forget-It slow-cooker cookbooks, several of which have appeared on the New York Times bestseller list, as well as the bestseller lists of USA Today, Publishers Weekly, and Book Sense. The series includes eight titles. The most recent are Fix-It and Forget-It Pink Cookbook, to benefit the Avon Foundation and Fix-It and Forget-It Diabetic Cookbook, Revised and Updated, with the American Diabetes Association. Good is also the author of the Fix-It and Enjoy-It series, a cousin series to the phenomenally successful Fix-It and Forget-It Cookbooks. Phyllis Pellman Good is Executive Editor at Good Books. (Good Books has published hundreds of titles by more than 135 authors.) She received her B.A. and M.A. in English from New York University. She and her husband, Merle, are the parents of two young-adult daughters. For a complete listing of books by Phyllis Pellman Good, as well as excerpts and reviews, visit www.Fix-ItandForget-It.com or www.GoodBooks.com.
- Author(s)Phyllis Pellman Good
- PublisherGood Books
- Date of Publication01/03/2002
- FormatPaperback / softback
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintGood Books
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight617 g
- Width215 mm
- Height279 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Photographer(s)Jerry Irwin
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.