CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $24.68Trending at AU $42.56
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $87.92
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $73.76
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.54
- AU $82.89Trending at AU $85.42
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.41
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.64
About this product
- DescriptionThe popular columnist and cookbook author The Amish Cook explores the traditions of Amish settlements across America, with more than 100 new recipes from Amish and Mennite communities, as well as profiles of the communities themselves. In Amish Cooks Across America: Recipes and Traditions from Maine to Montana, the celebrated columnist and cookbook author kwn as The Amish Cook explores why one Amish community in the Northeast makes Shoofly Pie while ather settlement in the South favors Muscadine Pie. Divided into chapters highlighting Amish groups in the North, South, East, West, and Midwest, with side trips to Canada and Central America, this recipe book doubles as a travelogue, sampling the cultural and culinary differences among Amish and Mennite communities across the nation. The Amish are the original locavores. In this collection of fascinating recipes, you'll find favorites from middle America, such as Scalloped Corn, alongside coastal specialties such as Grilled Lime Fish Fillets and Avocado Egg Scramble, as well as Western staples such as Elk Stew and Huckleberry Pancakes, and Southern classics such as Sweet Potato Surprise Cake. This more-than-a-cookbook is filled with full-color photographs of food and the places visited, along with profiles that explore the origins and cooking traditions of each community. This is a book like other--a delicious melting pot and a fascinating armchair tour of Amish America.
- Author BiographyTogether with editor Kevin Williams, Elizabeth Coblentz founded The Amish Cook newspaper column and later coauthored the column s namesake inaugural cookbook. Today, Lovina Eicher, Elizabeth s daughter, pens the column that continues to share Amish culture, tradition, and recipes with a nationally syndicated audience of more than 130 newspapers throughout the United States.
- Author(s)Lovina Eicher,Professor of Media and Communication Studies Kevin Williams
- PublisherAndrews McMeel Publishing
- Date of Publication28/05/2013
- SubjectNational & Regional Cuisine
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintAndrews McMeel Publishing
- Content Notecolour illustrations
- Weight1043 g
- Width259 mm
- Height231 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Format DetailsSewn,Cloth over boards,With dust jacket
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.