Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $17.73Trending at AU $22.02
- AU $79.89Trending at AU $90.23
- AU $17.51Trending at AU $30.26
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.55
- AU $27.51Trending at AU $30.42
- AU $35.26Trending at AU $35.79
- AU $11.63Trending at AU $21.86
About this product
- SynopsisLavishly illustrated in color and black-and-white photos, Amish Style presents the northern Indiana Amish -- "plain people" who try to maintain a religiously-focused, community-oriented rural life in the midst of a material and high-tech world. It is a fascinating glimpse of the Amish as seen in the artifacts of their daily lives, including clothing, home furnishings, toys, dolls, and quilts.
- AuthorKathleen McLary
- Number Of Pages104 pages
- Publication Date1993-09-01
- PublisherIndiana University Press
- Weight10.6 Oz
- Height0.4 In.
- Width8.5 In.
- Length11 In.
- LC Classification NumberNK805.M35 1993
- Foreword byDavid Pottinger
Most relevant reviews
- auntie_bug13 Jul, 2011by
Fascinating and easy read book
This is a really neet book. The font is large and easy to read. There are pictures and explanations that make the book asthetically appealing. For anyone curious about the Amish and their way of life, this is an easy book to read and it covers all the subjects you might question. Actually this would be a good book for a student doing a report on the Amish. I enjoyed it and have a better understanding of these people and find I can appreciate their beliefs and way of life.