All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $50.71Trending at AU $61.57
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.75
- AU $32.59Trending at AU $36.89
- AU $30.05Trending at AU $40.13
- AU $30.43Trending at AU $31.40
- AU $28.02Trending at AU $30.06
- AU $14.47Trending at AU $16.67
About this product
- DescriptionAther story of Krishna's adventures, Fighting Kaliya, a demon in snake form, And lifting a mountain on just one finger, As a shield from an angry god's thunderstorm. And finally, the story of how evil Kansa Tried to kill Krishna, with methods so grim. But be they elephant or ace wrestlers, No one succeeded in harming him! Amme Tell Me is a charming and informative series of children's books that introduces the major Hindu festivals and figures to young readers, and are perfect for families wanting to share stories of Hinduism with their children or for educators looking for resource on the Hindu culture for their students. Written in rhyme with vivid, captivating illustrations, this series brings Hindu mythology to its readers in a fun and n-preachy way. The Series has ten books on the festivals of Holi, Diwali, and on the Hindu gods Krishna, Hanuman and Ganesha.
- Author BiographyBhakti Mathur grew up in Delhi, India. She lives in Hong Kong, a city that she absolutely adores, with her husband, her two sons, Shiv and Veer, and their beloved golden Labrador, Frodo. She is a banker by profession and currently works for a major Asian Bank. Bhakti s love for books started from a young age. Her mother was a librarian and as a child she landed up spending many hours in the library books proved to be great and inexpensive baby sitters! The idea for the 'Amma, Tell Me' series of books came as a way to introduce her sons to Indian mythology and festivals. When not writing, working or running after her boys, she is happiest curled up with a book and a hot cup of chai.
- Author(s)Bhakti Mathur
- PublisherAnjana Publishing
- Date of Publication02/08/2013
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectNon-Christian Religions
- Series TitleAmma, Tell Me
- Place of PublicationHong Kong
- Country of PublicationHong Kong
- ImprintAnjana Publishing
- Content Notecolour illustrations
- Weight204 g
- Width249 mm
- Height249 mm
- Spine5 mm
- Illustrator(s)Maulshree Somani
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.