All listings for this product
About this product
- Description* New 42nd edition of comprehensive reference guide to international human rights * Provides authoritative country-by-country reports on human rights violations in the period 1 January to 31 December 2015 in c.160 countries.* Published annually by leading human rights organisation Amnesty International.* 2015 was a bad year for government crackdowns and Amnesty is warning that rights are in jeopardy * Governments have brazenly broken international law and are deliberately undermining institutions meant to protect people's rights * Amnesty is calling on governments to halt their assault on human rights and the laws and systems that protect them* 160 countries surveyed in the Annual Report * More than 122 states tortured or otherwise ill-treated people in 2015* 30 or more illegally forced refugees to return to countries where they would be in danger in 2015* In at least 19 countries in 2015, war crimes or other violations of the laws of war were committed by governments or armed groups.* Overall only 3% of the total UN regular budget is allocated to human rights.* More than 60 million people were displaced from their homes worldwide. Many had been displaced for several years or longer.
- Author(s)Amnesty International
- PublisherAmnesty International UK
- Date of Publication26/07/2016
- SubjectPolitics: General & Reference
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintAmnesty International UK
- Width140 mm
- Height215 mm
- Edition Statement42nd Revised edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $79.89Trending at AU $90.03
- AU $17.51Trending at AU $30.19
- AU $24.13Trending at AU $27.67
- AU $41.84Trending at AU $49.72
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.45
- AU $27.51Trending at AU $30.35
- AU $35.26Trending at AU $35.71
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.