All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionEach business day, some 35,000 executives, scientists, consultants, and lawyers pass through the nation's airports to destinations across the globe. They carry, along with proprietary documents and computer files, the latest in personal electronic gear. However, carefully watching most of those travelers--beginning the moment they arrive at the airport and often sooner--are uncounted numbers of espionage operatives. These individuals work for foreign intelligence services and ecomic concerns and seek to separate international business travelers from their trade secrets. To succeed, they use many time-tested techniques to lure unsuspecting travelers into vulnerable or compromising positions. They also employ the latest electronic means to steal business information often at a distance from their prey. This is the 21st century, after all, and ecomic and industrial espionage have become multibillion-dollar enterprises, utilizing a wide array of the most sophisticated means to obtain proprietary information. Luke Bencie is a veteran of this struggle. He kws intimately the threats business travelers face and how to combat those threats. In Among Enemies: Counter-Espionage for the Business Traveler , Bencie provides everything you need to kw to protect yourself and your company from attempted espionage.
- Author BiographyLuke Bencie has traveled to more than 100 countries over the past 15 years on behalf of the U.S. intelligence community, as well as for the private defense industry. While abroad, he has experienced, firsthand and sometimes painfully, the threat of espionage and the lengths to which foreign intelligence services and other hostile global competitors will go to steal American business secrets. He currently serves as the managing director of Security Management International, LLC, a security-consulting firm in the Washington, DC area and frequently lectures to defense contractors, government agencies and Fortune 500 companies on how to protect their employees, and the intellectual property they carry, while traveling overseas.
- Author(s)Luke Bencie
- PublisherMountain Lake Press
- Date of Publication01/03/2013
- SubjectBusiness, Accounting & Vocational: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationMD
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintMountain Lake Press
- Weight385 g
- Width152 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Foreword byWilliam J. Esposito
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $33.32New
- AU $30.40New
- AU $20.46New
- AU $30.87New
- AU $21.83New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $10.59Trending at AU $13.66
- AU $60.89Trending at AU $63.18
- AU $49.18Trending at AU $52.81
- AU $20.89Trending at AU $24.28
- AU $28.30Trending at AU $30.29
- AU $44.95Trending at AU $46.37
- AU $18.77Trending at AU $25.22
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.