Among Heroes: A U. S. Navy Seal's True Story of Friendship, Heroism, and the Ultimate Sacrifice by Brandon Webb (Hardback, 2015)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $50.62Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $23.95+ AU $7.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionNow from Brandon Webb, Navy SEAL sniper and New York Times bestselling author, comes his personal account of the eight friends and fellow SEALs who made the ultimate sacrifice. Kwing these great men--who they were, how they lived, and what they stood for--has changed my life. We can't let them be forgotten. So read about these amazing men, share their stories, and learn from them as I have. We've mourned their deaths. Let's celebrate their lives. --Brandon Webb As a Navy SEAL, Brandon Webb rose to the top of the world's most elite sniper corps, experiencing years of punishing training and combat missions from the Persian Gulf to Afghanistan. Among the best of the best, he led the SEALs' clandestine sniper training program as course manager, instructing a new generation of the world's top snipers. Along the way, Webb served beside, trained, and supported men he came to kw t just as fellow warriors, but as friends and, eventually, as heroes. Among Heroes gives his personal account of these eight extraordinary SEALs, who gave all for their comrades--and their country. Here are the true stories behind the remarkable valor and abiding humanity of those sheepdogs (as they call themselves) who protect us from the wolves of the world. Of Matt Axe Axelson, who perished on the Lone Survivor mission in Afghanistan. Of Chris Campbell, Heath Robinson, and JT Tumilson, who were among the thirty-eight casualties of Extortion 17, the Chiok helicopter shot down in August 2011. Of Glen Doherty, Webb's best friend for more than a decade, killed while helping secure the successful rescue and extraction of American CIA and State Department diplomats in Benghazi, Libya, on September 11, 2012; and other close friends, classmates, and fellow warriors. In Among Heroes, Webb offers eight intensely personal profiles of uncommon courage--who these men were, what they stood for, and how they came to make the ultimate sacrifice. These are men who left behind powerfully instructive examples of what it means to be alive--and what it truly means to be a hero. INCLUDES PHOTOS
- Author BiographyBrandon Webb is the New York Times bestselling author of The Red Circle and Benghazi: The Definitive Report. A former U.S. Navy SEAL whose last assignment was course manager for the elite SEAL sniper course, he was instrumental in developing new curricula that trained some of the most accomplished snipers of the twenty-first century. Webb has received numerous distinguished service awards, including the Presidential Unit Citation. As president of Force12 Media and editor of SpecialOperations.com, he runs the largest military content network on the Internet. John David Mann, who collaborated with Webb in writing The Red Circle, is an award-winning author whose titles include the New York Times bestseller Flash Foresight and the international bestseller The Go-Giver.
- Author(s)Brandon Webb
- PublisherThorndike Press
- Date of Publication23/09/2015
- SubjectAutobiography: Historical, Political & Military
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintThorndike Press
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight522 g
- Width140 mm
- Height218 mm
- Spine30 mm
- Format DetailsSewn,Cloth over boards
- Edition Statementlarge type edition
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.53Trending at AU $27.94
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.51
- AU $35.82Trending at AU $40.79
- AU $19.36Trending at AU $23.98
- AU $17.16Trending at AU $18.34
- AU $57.88Trending at AU $63.53
- AU $19.95Trending at AU $20.35
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.