All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionUnderstanding the structural unit of crystalline solids is vital in determining their optical and electronic properties. However, the disordered nature of amorphous semiconductors, where long-range order is retained, makes it difficult to determine their structure using traditional methods. This book shows how computer modelling can be used to overcome the difficulties that arise in the atomic scale identification of amorphous semiconductors. The book explains how to generate a random structure using computer modelling, providing readers with the techniques to construct realistic material structures. It shows how the optical and electronic properties are related to random structures. Readers will be able to understand the characteristic features of disordered semiconductors. The structural and electronic modifications by photon irradiation are also discussed in detail. This book is ideal for both physicists and engineers working in solid state physics, semiconductor engineering and electrical engineering.
- Author BiographySandor Kugler is an Associate Professor at Budapest University of Technology and Economics, Hungary, and Guest Professor at Tokyo Polytechnics University, Japan. He is an overseas editor for the Japanese Journal of Applied Physics and is a well-known expert in amorphous semiconductors and chalcogenide glasses. Koichi Shimakawa is a Professor at the University of Pardubice, Czech Republic, a Fellow and Emeritus Professor of Gifu University, Japan, and Senior Researcher at Nagoya Industrial Science Research Institute, Japan. He is an internationally recognised researcher in the field of amorphous solids.
- Author(s)Koichi Shimakawa,Sandor Kugler
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication31/01/2015
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Note60 b/w illus.
- Weight500 g
- Width174 mm
- Height247 mm
- Spine11 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $179.93New
Management: the Essentials by Mary Coulter, Megan Woods, Stephen Robbins, David De Cenzo (Paperback, 2015)
- AU $111.93New
- AU $93.61Used
- AU $93.61New
- AU $101.72New
- AU $81.15New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.20
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.64
- AU $38.81Trending at AU $50.36
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $74.31
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $109.06
- AU $22.66Trending at AU $23.29
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.