All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAmphibians and Reptiles of Nebraska is an authoritative review and reference to the 61 species of reptiles and amphibians kwn to occur within the boundaries of the state of Nebraska. It is the first comprehensive summary of the herpetofauna since George Hudson's 1942 book on the same topic which covered the 56 species then kwn to occur in Nebraska. It is well illustrated with 248 color photographs and 125 maps and 18 line drawings. The text provides both an introduction for the amateur and a review for the professional. A detailed account is given for each species. A general account of the history of Nebraska herpetology, an overview of the habitats and environmental landscape for herpetiles, and information on conservation, collecting and the law are treated. With over 60 years of combined research experience on Nebraska amphibians and reptiles, the authors share many new records, observations, and insights on these fascinating animals.
- Author BiographyRoyce E. Ballinger (Ph.D. Texas A&M) Professor Emeritus, University of Nebraska-Lincoln. Over 130 publications focusing on the demography and ecology of lizards. Served in several administrative positions including Director of Biological Sciences, UNL. John D. Lynch (Ph.D. Kansas), Professor and Curator, National University of Colombia, Bogota. Colombia. Faculty member at Nebraska for 27 years and relocated to Bogota in 1997 and elected to the National Academy of Sciences of Colombia in 1998. Over 500 publications focusing on the systematics of neotropical frogs. Geoffrey R. Smith (Ph.D. Nebraska), Associate Professor and Chisholm Chair of Natural Sciences at Denison University, Granville, Ohio. Over 150 publications emphasizing the ecology of amphibians and reptiles.
- Author(s)Geoffrey Ridsdill Smith,John D. Lynch,Royce E. Ballinger
- PublisherUniversity of Nebraska Press
- Date of Publication01/02/2010
- SubjectLife Sciences: Zoology
- Place of PublicationLincoln
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of Nebraska Press
- Content Note248 color photographs, 125 maps, 18 line drawings
- Weight1247 g
- Width4522 mm
- Height6452 mm
- Spine27 mm
- Format DetailsCloth over boards
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.73
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.73
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.75
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.