All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionClassification: Focus on: Amphibians shows children how to identify and group amphibians according to their characteristics. It answers questions such as what is an amphibian? Where do amphibians live? What do amphibians eat? And how do amphibians keep cool? Along with many others. The book looks at amphibians from frogs and toads to newts and salamanders and their young, as well as some more unusual amphibians such as caecilians and axolotls. It also offers advice on keeping amphibians as pets. The book also contains a useful scale to demonstrate the size of many amphibians in comparison to a human hand, along with a topic web, a glossary and some suggestions for extension activities. Other titles in the series include Classification: Focus on: Birds, Classification: Focus on: Insects, Classification: Focus on: Reptiles, Classification: Focus on: Mammals and Classification: Focus on: Fish.
- Author BiographyStephen Savage is a biologist and natural history lecturer. He is also an assosiation member of the Institute of Biologists and an adviser for the British Marine Life Study Society.
- Author(s)Stephen Savage
- PublisherHachette Children's Group
- Date of Publication09/10/2014
- SubjectChildren's General Non-Fiction
- Series TitleClassification: Focus on
- Series Part/Volume Number6
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintWayland (Publishers) Ltd
- Weight162 g
- Width236 mm
- Height274 mm
- Spine6 mm
- Educational LevelUK School Key Stage 1
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $26.95Trending at AU $27.28
- AU $25.33Trending at AU $25.81
- AU $81.80Trending at AU $84.91
- AU $69.00Trending at AU $71.02
- AU $7.80Trending at AU $8.36
- AU $9.82Trending at AU $13.79
- AU $31.38Trending at AU $33.45
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.