All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFrom her early small-scale cartoon figures to her later ermous abstract paintings, Amy Sillman's artistic vision shines through in this beautiful volume that covers the period from 1995 to the present. Filled with drawings, paintings, 'zines, as well as stills from the artist's recent forays into animated films, the book traces the development of Sillman's work from her early use of cartoon figures and a vivacious palette, through to her exploration of the diagrammatic line, the history of abstract expressionism and a growing concern with the bodily and the erotic dimensions of paint. This book also examines the importance of drawing in Sillman's practice, as well as the intensity with which she has embraced the dichotomy between figuration and abstraction. It celebrates her raw emotion, curiosity, erotic power and humour.
- Author BiographyHelen Molesworth is Barbara Lee Chief Curator at the Institute of Contemporary Art in Boston. Her articles have appeared in publications such as Art Journal, Art Forum, Documents and October.
- Author(s)Helen Molesworth
- Date of Publication20/09/2013
- SubjectIndividual Artists / Art Monographs
- Place of PublicationMunich
- Country of PublicationGermany
- Out-of-print date09/07/2014
- Content Note115 colour
- Weight1397 g
- Width230 mm
- Height305 mm
- Spine23 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $192.00Trending at AU $201.92
- AU $67.99Trending at AU $70.91
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $79.14
- AU $69.95Trending at AU $80.22
- AU $64.76Trending at AU $68.94
- AU $76.98Trending at AU $78.43
- AU $108.88Trending at AU $111.46
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.