All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAn International Conference on Therapeutic. Psychological and Research Aspects of Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis was held in Varese. Italy from the 27th to the 31st March 1985. Health care professionals. scientists. patients and their families from twenty countries around the world participated in this meeting. The objectives of the Varese conference were the following: a. To provide a forum for the proponents of the various paths of research into ALS. b. To correlate the useful therapies employed regionally. for the purpose of developing a common guide for patients, families, and supporting professionals. c. To encourage self-examination by the health care professionals into the psychological barriers imposed by a diagsis of terminal illness for which there is kwn cause or cure. Not surprisingly, there were anuncements of breakthroughs or miracle cures , which are netheless hoped for in the confrontation of a disease such as ALS. It is fair to say, however, that Varese provided the context for a thorough review of what is kwn about ALS and we hope that the papers will renew some of the enthusiasm which has characterized this conference. The book contains six sections: Basic Research Aspects, Diagstic Tools, Clinical Management, Therapeutic Trials, Psychological Aspects and the Epidemiology of ALS. Certain aspects, such as pathological studies and animal models, have t been covered; these subjects were partially treated during the informal sessions. Nevertheless, the large number of papers bears evidence to the growing interest in ALS and to the success of the Varese meeting.
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication26/11/2012
- SubjectClinical Medicine: Professional
- Series TitleAdvances in Experimental Medicine and Biology
- Series Part/Volume Number209
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Notebiography
- Weight714 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine19 mm
- Edited byV. Cosi
- Edition StatementSoftcover reprint of the original 1st ed. 1987
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $33.32New
- AU $30.40New
- AU $20.46New
- AU $30.87New
- AU $21.83New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $10.59Trending at AU $13.66
- AU $60.89Trending at AU $63.18
- AU $49.18Trending at AU $52.81
- AU $20.89Trending at AU $24.28
- AU $28.30Trending at AU $30.29
- AU $44.93Trending at AU $46.37
- AU $18.77Trending at AU $25.22
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.