All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.17
- AU $32.60Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $25.61
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.78
- AU $13.99Trending at AU $16.54
- AU $26.40Trending at AU $29.53
- AU $19.92Trending at AU $27.62
About this product
- DescriptionAn acclaimed figure in Israeli historiography, but little kwn in Australia, this book asks the question why. Margolin served in two armies in the First World War, the Australian and British, and was buried twice with full military hors, first in Australia, then Israel. Escaping the Russian pograms, he helped pioneer and defend the settlement of Rehovot in Palestine, and as an original ANZAC served with distinction at Gallipoli. He was recruited by Jabotinsky to take command in the Jewish Legion in Palestine, becoming the first Jewish district commander there since the time of Bar Kokhba. His men of the First Judeans put down the 1921 Arab May Day pogrom in Jaffe for which he was expelled from Palestine back to Australia.
- Author(s)Rodney Gouttman
- PublisherVallentine Mitchell & Co Ltd
- Date of Publication01/02/2006
- SubjectAutobiography: Historical, Political & Military
- Place of PublicationIlford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintVallentine Mitchell & Co Ltd
- Content NoteIllustrations, 1 map, 1 ports.
- Weight482 g
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.