All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book provides an invaluable primer on the techniques utilized in the design of low power digital semiconductor devices. Readers will benefit from the hands-on approach which starts form the ground-up, explaining with basic examples what power is, how it is measured and how it impacts on the design process of application-specific integrated circuits (ASICs). The authors use both the Unified Power Format (UPF) and Common Power Format (CPF) to describe in detail the power intent for an ASIC and then guide readers through a variety of architectural and implementation techniques that will help meet the power intent. From analyzing system power consumption, to techniques that can be employed in a low power design, to a detailed description of two alternate standards for capturing the power directives at various phases of the design, this book is filled with information that will give ASIC designers a competitive edge in low-power design.
- Author BiographyJ. Bhasker is a well-known expert in the area of hardware description languages and RTL synthesis. He has been chair of two working groups: the IEEE 1076.6 VHDL Synthesis and the IEEE 1364.1 Verilog Synthesis and was awarded the IEEE Computer Society Outstanding Contribution Award in 2005. He is an architect at eSilicon Corporation responsible for the timing of many complex designs. Rakesh Chadha is a CAE and Design Professional with over 25 years experience, including 18 years in project leadership and technical management. He was responsible for the timing and signal integrity for the Sematech project on Chip Parasitic Extraction and Signal Integrity Verification. He is Director of Design Technology at eSilicon Corporation and is responsible for complex SOC design methodology.
- Author(s)J. Bhasker,Rakesh Chadha,Shelly Sun
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication05/12/2012
- SubjectElectronics Engineering & Communications Engineering
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Note19 black & white tables, biography
- Weight504 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.69Trending at AU $111.60
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.34
- AU $35.46Trending at AU $40.70
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.33
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.01
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $18.30
- AU $51.98Trending at AU $53.06
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.