CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $24.68Trending at AU $42.56
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $87.92
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $73.76
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.54
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.42
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.41
- AU $34.73Trending at AU $42.64
About this product
- DescriptionGeorges Feydeau's elegantly complex play is brought to life in this witty, seamless and acutely funny translation by Peter Hall and Nicki Frei. Feydeau, the supreme master of farce, displays all his dramatic tricks as his characters are pulled back and forth spinning dizzily in a surrealistic climax of complications. This translation of An Absolute Turkey (Le Dindon) received its London premiere at the Globe Theatre in December 1993.
- Author BiographyGeorges Feydeau (1862-1921) is best known for his enduring farces, such as 'A Flea in her Ear', yet he wrote over 20 monologues for actors to perform at charity concerts and in fashionable drawing rooms. Sir Peter Hall is one of the greatest theatre, film and opere directors of our time. At the age of 29 he founded the Royal Shakespeare Company. In 1973 he became Director of the National Theatre and opened the new theatres on the South Bank. He later founded the Peter Hall Company, producing many West End and Broadway successes. He has directed at many international opera houses, including Glyndebourne, the Royal Opera House, Covent Garden, the Metropolitan opera and Bayreuth. To date he has directed over two hundred productions, including the world premiere in English of Samuel Beckett's Waiting or Godot, and the premieres of most of Harold Pinter's plays.
- Author(s)Georges Feydeau
- PublisherOberon Books Ltd
- Date of Publication01/03/1994
- SubjectDrama Texts, Plays & Screenplays
- Series TitleAbsolute Classics
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintAbsolute Classics
- Weight159 g
- Width130 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Translated byPeter Hall,Nicki Frei
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.