Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $35.95+ AU $12.95 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe story opens in 1934 on the Spanish island of Ibiza. Following an incident at a fiesta Verity, a young English lawyer, is listed as a British spy by General Franco, the military goverr of the island. She escapes just in time to avoid arrest. Back in England, she returns to work in her father's law firm but friendships made in Spain begin to shape the course of her life. As the tumultuous events in Barcelona build up to the outbreak of the Spanish Civil War she is increasingly caught up in these events. As the Civil War gathers pace and the chaos builds, it becomes apparent that only she may be able to carry out a daring rescue mission. She finds that she has to make a choice between staying at home in a safe job or casting aside all conventions and being drawn into the shadowy world of espionage. Can she both succeed and survive as a woman in a man's world? The intricate threads of the story draw together a group of diverse characters in London and Spain whose lives come together in an explosive conclusion as Verity becomes the target for sabotage and final betrayal in a battle whose outcome is far from predictable.
- Author BiographyJolyn was born and educated in the suburbs of London and did her initial training as a lawyer in London. On qualification she moved to the Midlands and continued her career as a commercial lawyer initially in a subsidiary of one of the big banks and later in the automotive industry. When the British automotive industry went into decline she joined a Birmingham law firm as one of their first woman partners and later set up her own commercial practice. Jolyn has always loved flying and trained for her private pilot's licence at Birmingham Airport where she took her turn along with the jets landing there. She subsequently became hooked on hot air balloons and obtained her pilot's licence for balloons and had her own hot air balloon. Spain has always been a favourite holiday destination and it was on a walking holiday in Andalucia that she was inspired to write this book. Jolyn is married and lives with her husband and two cats in a small Midlands town in England.
- Author(s)Jolyn Jones
- PublisherPortia Publishing
- Date of Publication30/01/2014
- SubjectCrime, Thriller & Adventure
- Place of Publicationkenilworth
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPortia Publishing
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight526 g
- Width133 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine30 mm
Best-selling in Fiction Books
- AU $71.69New
- AU $30.94New
- AU $16.35New
- AU $12.77Used
- AU $79.12New
- AU $18.65New
- AU $109.14New
- AU $22.33New
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $26.95Trending at AU $30.68
- AU $26.13Trending at AU $30.94
- AU $76.69Trending at AU $79.12
- AU $16.95Trending at AU $21.41
- AU $74.55Trending at AU $82.96
- AU $10.58Trending at AU $16.79
- AU $17.98Trending at AU $20.83
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.