All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionOtis McDonald, born and raised amidst the hardships of sharecropping in the cotton fields of Fort Necessity, Louisiana, overcame poverty and social prejudice to become the first in his family to earn a college degree and rise to the relative comfort of America's middle class. With drug and gang activity on the rise in Chicago, McDonald's home has become increasingly threatened by violent crime. With other intent but to defend his family against life-threatening intrusion, McDonald encounters the dichotomy of gun-wielding criminals and a Chicago statute limiting the purchase of handguns. As lead petitioner in a Supreme Court case against the City of Chicago, McDonald is the unlikely candidate to challenge local jurisprudence against the Second Amendment. How does the Constitution protect this country's citizens and which citizens are being protected?
- Author BiographySue Bowron is a business communications consultant and freelance writer specializing in feature articles, book reviews, and biographies. She holds a BS in Management; an MBA in Marketing; and a Master of Arts in Professional Writing from Kennesaw State University. She is currently at work on her third biography in Cumming, Georgia where she lives with her husband and cocker spaniel, Jack. Frederick Jones practices law in Alexandria/Pineville, Louisiana and is a Professor at Louisiana College in Pineville. Jones earned his J.D. from the Southern University Law Center and his B.A. in pre-law studies from University of Louisiana at Monroe. He is the author of several books including his latest biography with co-author Sue Bowron, Through a Teacher's Eyes: The Mabel Lawrence Thomas Story. He makes his home in Pineville and is Otis McDonald's nephew and personal agent.
- Author(s)Sue Bowron
- Date of Publication21/09/2012
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectBiography: General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight141 g
- Width133 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine7 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $35.04Trending at AU $36.60
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.92
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.29
- AU $32.21Trending at AU $40.49
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.21
- AU $37.60Trending at AU $40.07
- AU $34.16Trending at AU $35.13
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.