An Address Delivered at the Anniversary Meeting of the Zoological Club of the Linnean Society: Held at the Society's House, in Soho-Square, November 29, 1827 (Classic Reprint) by J G Children (Paperback / softback, 2015)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $16.86Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
Nearly newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $28.95+ AU $7.99 postage
- Like new condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionExcerpt from An Address Delivered at the Anniversary Meeting of the Zoological Club of the Linnean Society: Held at the Society's House, in Soho-Square, November 29, 1827 Gentlemen, In compliance with the example set by your late excellent Chairman, I feel it incumbent on me before I quit this seat, briefly to address you on the principal transactions of the Society, and the progress which Zoology has made in this country during the last twelve months. But first I must pay the debt of gratitude which I owe to the members of the Zoological Club, individually and collectively, for the hour of having been elected your Chairman for the year just past, - an hour due solely to your kindness, t to my deserts; and I fear that I have executed the duties of the situation very imperfectly, for I began the fascinating pursuit of zoological science too late in life to expect to make great proficiency in it. I feel that the Chairman of this Society should combine, like my immediate predecessor, long experience in the various branches of that interminable science, with extensive reading, deep research, and great critical acumen. But though I cant boast such qualifications, I will yield to man in point of ardent attachment to Zoology, and zeal for its success. Circumstances compelled me to abandon a darling pursuit, to which I had for many years devoted myself, for ather, then almost new to me. About the Publisher Forgotten Books publishes hundreds of thousands of rare and classic books. Find more at www.forgottenbooks.com This book is a reproduction of an important historical work. Forgotten Books uses state-of-the-art techlogy to digitally reconstruct the work, preserving the original format whilst repairing imperfections present in the aged copy. In rare cases, an imperfection in the original, such as a blemish or missing page, may be replicated in our edition. We do, however, repair the vast majority of imperfections successfully; any imperfections that remain are intentionally left to preserve the state of such historical works.
- Author(s)J G Children
- PublisherForgotten Books
- Date of Publication27/09/2015
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectLife Sciences: Zoology
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintForgotten Books
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight50 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine2 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.68Trending at AU $111.84
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.50
- AU $35.45Trending at AU $40.79
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.50
- AU $19.36Trending at AU $23.99
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.12
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $18.34
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.