All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $72.55Trending at AU $75.17
- AU $32.60Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $25.61
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.78
- AU $12.94Trending at AU $16.54
- AU $26.67Trending at AU $29.53
- AU $19.92Trending at AU $27.62
About this product
- DescriptionIn 1982, a 23-year-old William T. Vollmann took his camera and tape recorder and headed off to help the Afghanis in their war against Soviet invaders. Originally published in 1992, a decade later, his unique record of his fight with the mujahdeen as they fought against Soviet troops was held as a bold and original' achievement. Now re-released in 2013, this new edition of An Afghanistan Picture Show features a new introduction by the author and includes a number of Vollmann's photos and drawings from his trip to one of the most dangerous places on the planet.'
- Author BiographyWILLIAM T. VOLLMANN is the author of ten novels, three collections of stories, and many volumes of non-fiction, including a seven-volume inquiry into whether and how violence may be justified, Rising Up and Rising Down, a finalist for the National Book Critics Circle Award. His novel Europe Central won the National Book Award in 2005. Into the Forbidden Zone: A Trip Through Hell and High Water in Post-Earthquake Japan was published last year by Byliner. He is the editor of The Best American Travel Writing 2012. The Dying Grass, the fifth book in Vollmann's Seven Dreams series, will be published in 2013. He lives in California.
- Author(s)William T. Vollmann
- PublisherMelville House Publishing
- Date of Publication11/07/2013
- SubjectRegional History
- Place of PublicationBrooklyn
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintMelville House Publishing
- Content Note1
- Weight329 g
- Width140 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine23 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.