All listings for this product
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $138.24Trending at AU $168.69
- AU $15.16Trending at AU $23.73
- AU $33.79Trending at AU $49.70
- AU $24.46Trending at AU $29.56
- AU $3.99Trending at AU $6.51
- AU $20.71Trending at AU $24.30
- AU $15.79Trending at AU $19.00
About this product
- Description1848, West Africa: a tribal princess intended for sacrifice is rescued and presented to Queen Victoria. This is her extraordinary story. Captured, and about to be killed, a young African princess is dramatically rescued by a British naval officer. Taken to England, she is presented at court to Queen Victoria. As an important friendship begins, Sarah embarks on a whole new life...This incredible true story is retold alongside real letters, photographs and historical documents. Recounted with insight and empathy by Walter Dean Myers, the US National Ambassador for Young People's Literature 2012-2013, this is an important reflection on royalty, race, class, belonging and - above all - identity.
- Author BiographyWalter Dean Myers was one of America's most highly respected writers for young readers. He was the two-time recipient of the Newbery Honor, received the Coretta Scott King Award five times and won the inaugural Michael L. Printz Award. He also won the Virginia Hamilton Award for Lifetime Achievement, and the Margaret A. Edwards Award for his contribution to young adult literature. Among his award-winning works of non-fiction, fiction and poetry are Monster, Malcolm X: By Any Means Necessary, Somewhere in the Darkness, The Glory Field, Slam!, Fallen Angels and Harlem. He sadly passed away at home in New Jersey in 2014.
- Author(s)Walter Dean Myers
- PublisherWalker Books Ltd
- Date of Publication01/10/2014
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintWalker Books Ltd
- Weight568 g
- Width168 mm
- Height215 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Interest AgeFrom 9
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.