All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $50.71Trending at AU $61.55
- AU $32.59Trending at AU $36.88
- AU $32.77Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $30.36Trending at AU $40.12
- AU $30.37Trending at AU $31.39
- AU $15.79Trending at AU $25.15
- AU $14.47Trending at AU $16.66
About this product
- DescriptionIn recent years, many books have been published on the topic of Jewish parenting. What sets this book apart from others is the powerful message of its author, Allan Gonsher, who is an experienced family therapist with the dual perspective of a practicing Jew and a clinician trained in psychology and inter-personal dynamics. An Allowance is Not a Bribe is the result of this unique viewpoint on Jewish parenting. The author shows parents how a Torah-based life holds many answers to the deepest needs within every Jewish individual and how belief in God and the performance of mitzvot offer the coping skills necessary for dealing with the emotional challenges of today's world. Again and again, the author calls upon his kwledge of psychology and interconnects his experience with the tools of counseling and his faith in Judaism to offer guidance to today's parents. Neither a how to r a discussion of overall parenting skills, An Allowance is Not a Bribe follows the author's personal Jewish journey as it pertains to his life and his perspective on the subject of raising responsible Jewish children. For Gonsher, a passionate commitment to Judaism is the most important legacy he and his wife have given their three sons. Thus, he encourages other Jewish parents to start their own Jewish journeys and to serve as role models in secular standards and in matters of faith and spirituality, from the time their children enter pre-school until they are grown. For example, Gonsher explains the 4-B Approach for helping children as young as six become responsible for their bedroom, bathroom, breakfast, and backpack.
- Author BiographyAllan M. Gonsher LCSW, ACSW, is the founder and President of Kids, Inc., a counseling agency for families and children up to age thirteen.
- Author(s)Allan M Gonsher
- PublisherJason Aronson Inc. Publishers
- Date of Publication01/10/2000
- SubjectNon-Christian Religions
- Place of PublicationNorthvale NJ
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintJason Aronson Inc. Publishers
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight426 g
- Width143 mm
- Height196 mm
- Spine23 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.