All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $32.01Trending at AU $36.78
- AU $13.42Trending at AU $20.05
- AU $30.42Trending at AU $31.31
- AU $27.74Trending at AU $29.97
- AU $24.19Trending at AU $30.14
- AU $14.82Trending at AU $17.90
- AU $13.01Trending at AU $16.62
About this product
- DescriptionIn 1983, when he was 23 years old, Peter David Wilder set off on a trip across the United States and Canada with certain ending or goals other than those of self-discovery. Wilder traveled the interstates and back roads for five months - drinking in the beauty of the land, and basking in the glow of countless acts of kindness from complete strangers. Whether it was the extra mile that someone went on his behalf, or the dinner tables to which he was invited, Wilder discovered a universe that smiled on his passage though it. Every ride was recorded - Every place he stayed was ted. Mostly hitchhiking, he made his way to Alaska, where he worked briefly on a fishing boat, at a potato farm, and in the Alaskan backcountry. More importantly, he met new friends that continue to open doors in his life to this day. In telling this tale, it is the author's hope that 'An Amazingly Kind Universe' would be an open record of thanks to them all... My brief time on the road was hardly the most exotic of travel adventures, but it was a true feast of the Spirit, one that has never stopped urishing me. With hope, I can w share that feast with the universe that conspired to create it. Throw away your watch - Carry a light pack - And hit the road to discover 'An Amazingly Kind Universe!'
- Author BiographyPeter David Wilder writes from his home in upstate New York, where he lives with his family. Wilder holds degrees in geological sciences, history, and science education. He teaches science at a local high school, where he entertains students with stories of his past, while attempting to convey lessons about the natural world. 'An Amazingly Kind Universe' is his third book.
- Author(s)Peter David Wilder
- Date of Publication04/11/2013
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectTravel & Holiday Guides: General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight286 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine11 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.