An American Family in Paris: Letters from the Seventh Arrondissement by Sally Fallon Morell (Hardback, 2015)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $24.90Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $40.95+ AU $7.95 postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionMany travelers to Paris have wondered, What would it be like to live here? An American Family in Paris describes the daily life and adventures of a family living in the Seventh Arrondissement, the heart of Paris, from 1983 to 1985.Focusing specifically on the life of children in Paris childhood education, school lunches, riding, pia and ballet lessons, birthday parties, nursery schools, hospital emergency rooms, even childbirth in a French clinic Sally Fallon Morell provides an insightful and amusing look at French habits and culture. Other topics include driving in Paris, the perils of grocery shopping, the delightful but challenging French elevators, French art and architecture, making friends in France, French apartments, vacationing in France, and the subtleties of speaking French. Integral to the book is the unforgettable character of Madame Jamet, housekeeper to the Fallons and an opinionated font of kwledge on French politics, the habits of the aristocracy, which broom to use when sweeping the kitchen floor, how to play the French lottery, and whom the children should be allowed to play with. A personal memoir of a best-selling cookbook author, Sally Fallon Morell reveals a formative period of her early life which will appeal to her many fans.
- Author BiographySally Fallon Morell is the author of the best-selling cookbook Nourishing Traditions (with Mary G. Enig, PhD), and founding president of the Weston A. Price Foundation, dedicated to returning nutrient-dense food to American tables. She is also the author of the Nourishing Traditions Book of Baby and Child Care (with Thomas Cowan, MD) and The Nourishing Traditions Cookbook for Children (with Suzanne Gross). She and her family lived in Paris from 1983-1985. Currently she and her husband run a pasture-based farm in Southern Maryland, producing artisan raw cheese, woodlands pork and pastured poultry and eggs. Richard Morris has worked as an illustrator and designer in the medical, aerospace, education, and financial industries. He sketches scenes from daily life on a small foodstead with his family, two dogs, and a host of farm animals.
- Author(s)Sally Fallon Morell
- PublisherNew Trends Publishing Inc,US
- Date of Publication02/11/2015
- SubjectTravel Writing
- Place of PublicationWashington, DC
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintNew Trends Publishing Inc,US
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight318 g
- Width196 mm
- Height206 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Illustrator(s)Richard Morris
- Format DetailsSewn,Cloth over boards
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $191.05New
Management: the Essentials by Mary Coulter, Megan Woods, Stephen Robbins, David De Cenzo (Paperback, 2015)
- AU $111.93New
- AU $93.61Used
- AU $93.61New
- AU $101.72New
- AU $81.15New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.20
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.64
- AU $39.00Trending at AU $50.36
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $74.31
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $109.06
- AU $21.32Trending at AU $23.66
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.