All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis text closely examines Pietro DiDonato's classic vel Christ in Concrete from an historical, sociological and literary perspective. Louise Napolita examines Christ in Concrete (1939) as a chronicle of the experience of Italian immigrants in the United States during the twenties and early thirties. The literary analysis involves a thematic and stylistic study, focusing on the work's modern, realistic, naturalistic, romantic and classic qualities. In addition, this study places Christ in Concrete in both the American as well as the Italian American literary tradition.
- Author BiographyThe Author: Louise Napolitano is an assistant professor of English at the State University of New York at Farmingdale. She has also taught at the University of Maryland and the Freie Universitaet in Berlin, Germany. She received her Ph.D. in American Literature form the State University of New York at Stony Brook.
- Author(s)Louise Napolitano
- PublisherPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Date of Publication01/08/1995
- SubjectLiterary Criticism
- Series TitleStudies in Southern Italian and Italian American Culture
- Series Part/Volume Number4
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- First Published1995
- ImprintPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Weight250 g
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.51
- AU $35.82Trending at AU $40.79
- AU $19.57Trending at AU $23.98
- AU $17.16Trending at AU $18.34
- AU $57.88Trending at AU $63.53
- AU $19.95Trending at AU $20.35
- AU $16.96Trending at AU $23.43
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.