Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $14.95+ AU $7.95 postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionQuiet and soft-spoken, Kate Zook is the responsible eldest daughter in an Amish family and prides herself on fulfilling her role. Then, one fateful swy night, she uncharacteristically speaks her mind-and unwittingly plays a part in a horrible accident. Wracked by guilt over her role in the tragedy that left her brother David injured, Kate devotes herself to his care, going so far as to take on his chores in the fields. Even so, her brother's resentment toward her grows, and David torments Kate, making her increasingly isolated life even more difficult. Though Kate's parents have emotionally withdrawn, someone outside the home takes an interest in Kate and tes her clear grief. Samuel, a local boy, has recently returned from a wild rumschpringe-the Amish term for exploring the wider world-and recommitted to his community. Intrigued by Kate's gentle yet loyal ways, he begins to fall in love with her. But tensions rise as he refuses to put up with David's rage. As Kate's heart begins to stir and cry out for happiness, she must rely on faith to find forgiveness or risk losing out on love.
- Author BiographyThe author of more than two dozen novels, Sarah Price brings her twenty-five years of experience of living among the Amish to her books, many of which have been Amazon Top 100 Bestsellers. Her recent title First Impressions: An Amish Adaptation of Pride and Prejudice debuted in the ECPA Christian Fiction Top 25 Bestseller List a month after publication. Price has family roots in the same region of rural Pennsylvania where many of her stories are set; the Preiss family emigrated from Europe in 1705 and settled in the state along with the area's first wave of Mennonites. Born into a Mennonite family, Price has firsthand experience with the culture and religion of both the Mennonites and the Amish. Her grandparents first introduced her to the world of the Amish in 1978, and since then Price has visited and even lived among different Amish communities in Lancaster County.
- Author(s)Sarah Price
- PublisherAmazon Publishing
- Date of Publication04/11/2014
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationSeattle
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintWaterfall Press
- Weight286 g
- Width154 mm
- Height209 mm
- Spine16 mm
Best-selling in Fiction Books
- AU $71.91New
- AU $30.87New
- AU $16.40New
- AU $12.81Used
- AU $79.40New
- AU $18.71New
- AU $113.12New
- AU $22.40New
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $26.95Trending at AU $30.78
- AU $26.32Trending at AU $30.87
- AU $76.69Trending at AU $79.40
- AU $10.68Trending at AU $18.71
- AU $16.95Trending at AU $21.47
- AU $79.99Trending at AU $92.43
- AU $10.54Trending at AU $14.54
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.