Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $43.90
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $87.85
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.47
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.18
- AU $82.89Trending at AU $85.35
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.34
- AU $34.75Trending at AU $42.60
About this product
- DescriptionThis companion volume to the Dictionary of European Anglicisms and English in Europe (also edited by Professor Gorlach) provides a critical bibliography of works concerned with the import of English words and phrases into sixteen European languages. The book covers an international range of foreign-word dictionaries, etymological dictionaries, and general dictionaries; books and articles devoted to the influence of English on the language in question; works restricted to individual levels of influence (e.g. phology, morphology, etc.); works dealing with the English influence in specific fields, in individual styles, regions, or social classes; corpus-oriented studies; and major works documenting earlier influences of English.
- Author BiographyManfred Gorlach is Professor of English and Chair of Linguistics and Medieval Studies in the Department of English at the University of Koln, Germany.
- PublisherOxford University Press
- Date of Publication09/05/2002
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintOxford University Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight468 g
- Width145 mm
- Height225 mm
- Spine24 mm
- Edited byManfred Gorlach
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.