All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe Novel: An Anthology of Criticism and Theory 1900-2000 is a collection of the most influential writings on the theory of the vel from the twentieth century. * Traces the rise of vel theory and the extension of its influence into other disciplines, especially social, cultural and political theory. * Broad in scope, including sections on formalism; the Chicago School; structuralism and narratology; deconstruction; psychoanalysis; Marxism; social discourse; gender; post-colonialism; and more. * Includes whole essays or chapters wherever possible. * Headtes introduce and link each piece, enabling readers to draw connections between different schools of thought. * Encourages students to approach theoretical texts with confidence, applying the same skills they bring to literary texts. * Includes a volume introduction, a selected bibliography, an index of topics and short author biographies to support study.
- Author BiographyDorothy J. Hale is Associate Professor of English at the University of California, Berkeley. She is the author of Social Formalism: The Novel in Theory from Henry James to the Present (1998), which won the George and Barbara Perkins Prize given yearly by the Society for the Study of Narrative Literature for the best book published on narrative.
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication20/09/2005
- SubjectLiterary Criticism
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBlackwell Publishing Ltd
- Content Note0
- Weight1770 g
- Width188 mm
- Height259 mm
- Spine49 mm
- Edited byDorothy J. Hale
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.66Trending at AU $96.35
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.37
- AU $35.42Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.35
- AU $18.96Trending at AU $24.44
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.03
- AU $16.98Trending at AU $18.30
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.