An Appeal to Reason: A Cool Look at Global Warming by Nigel Lawson (Paperback, 2009)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $7.00+ AU $6.00 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by worldofbooks-australia
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn recent years, sensational warnings about climate change have dominated the headlines. In this hard-hitting response to the scaremongering of climate alarmists, Nigel Lawson, former Chancellor of the Exchequer and Secretary of State for Energy, argues that it is time for us to take a cool look at global warming. Lawson carefully and succinctly examines all aspects of the global warming issue - the science, the ecomics, the politics and the ethics - concluding that conventional wisdom on the subject is deeply flawed. He asserts that, even if the majority view of the science is correct, the proposed solution to the problem would be more damaging than the threat it has been designed to avert - and, in any case is, for very good reasons, t politically attainable. Insightful, brilliantly reasoned and thoroughly researched, this is a much-needed corrective to the barrage of hype and spin surrounding a subject that affects every one of us.
- Author BiographyNigel Lawson, Baron Lawson of Blaby, served in the Thatcher administration between 1979 and 1990 in the constituency of Blaby, Leicestershire. He was Chancellor of the Exchequer between June 1983 and October 1989. He has written about global warming in The Times and Prospect , and presented a lecture on the subject to the Centre for Policy Studies think-tank in 2006. He lives in France.
- Author(s)Nigel Lawson
- PublisherGerald Duckworth & Co Ltd
- Date of Publication26/03/2009
- SubjectEnvironment & Ecology: General Interest
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintGerald Duckworth & Co Ltd
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine14 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $79.89Trending at AU $90.03
- AU $17.51Trending at AU $30.19
- AU $24.13Trending at AU $27.67
- AU $41.84Trending at AU $49.72
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.45
- AU $27.51Trending at AU $30.35
- AU $35.26Trending at AU $35.71
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.