All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $24.68Trending at AU $42.56
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $87.92
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $73.76
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.54
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.42
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.41
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.64
About this product
- DescriptionFactors that influence a teacher's decision whether or t to use computer techlogy as an instructional tool are explored in this book. Based on her own research, Melissa Evans-Andris discusses the ways teachers use computers; identifies administrative behaviours that support or inhibit the use of computers in schools; and recommends specific strategies for implementing educational computer use.
- Author BiographyMelissa Evans-Andris is an associate professor of sociology at the University of Louisville, Kentucky. Her interests include the sociology of education, work and occupations, and qualitative research methodologies particularly as they relate to schools and teaching. Her research focuses on school reform, sustainability of school improvement, and teacher quality. She authored a book in 1996 entitled An Apple for the Teacher: Computers and Work in Elementary Schools. Most recently she directed two research efforts, including a federal study entitled Comprehensive School Reform, Educational Dynamics, and Achievement in Kentucky Middle Schools and a state project entitled A Research Study of the Kentucky Teacher Internship Program Pilot Project that tracked the experiences of new teacher-interns during their first three years on the job. She is active in local and statewide discussion forums related to improvement in Kentucky schools. She received her PhD in sociology at Indiana University in 1991.
- Author(s)Melissa Evans-Andris
- PublisherSAGE Publications Inc
- Date of Publication01/01/1996
- SubjectSocial Sciences: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationThousand Oaks
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCorwin Press Inc
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight312 g
- Width152 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine12 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.