All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWater quality degradation and water scarcity are two serious problems, and water resources management related to those problems usually involves conflicts. In the absence of market and exclusive property rights, those conflicts are unavoidable. Game theory is an appropriate approach to simulate and resolve such conflicts. The overall objective of this book is to develop a practical methodology and mechanism to promote the maximization of public welfare from a socio-ecomic and environmental perspective using game theory. There are three main goals: 1) to use game theory to illustrate and analyze phemena of water resources management, 2) to set up n-cooperative and cooperative game theoretic simulation models of water conflicts in a river basin, and 3) to apply the game theoretic simulation approach into water conflicts involved in the Hanjiang River Basin (HRB) in China. The game theoretic simulation approach and results benefit t only different groups of water stakeholders, but also decision makers to make policies on water quantity allocation, water quality protection, water pricing as well as ecological compensation.
- Author BiographyDr. Shouke Wei, a founder of Emodlogic Technology Inc., a environment modeling technology development and consulting company in Canada. has a M.A. (2004) in World Heritage Studies and PhD (2008) in Environmental and Resource Management from Brandenburg University of Technology in Cottbus (BTU Cottbus), Germany. His specialties are System Analysis, Assessment, Modelling, Simulation and Forecasting, Data Analysis and Date Mining, Uncertainty and Risk Analysis, Economic Evaluation, Computer Modeling and Simulation Software and their applications as well environmental and resources management. He has worked as a Teaching and Research Assistant, teaching students Statistical Modelling in Germany for 3 years, and as a Postdoctoral Scientist studying Environmental models and supervising PhD students in Swiss Federal Institute of Aquatic Science and Technology (Eawag), Switzerland for more than 2 years. He has done research on forest and hydrology and forest ecosystem modelling and climate change as a Visiting scientist and Research associate in the Department of Forest Resource Management, University British Columbia (UBC) in Vancouver over 2 years. He has also acted as Co-chair of Land and Water Committee and a Director in the Society of Promoting Environmental Conservation (SPEC) of Vancouver. He has participated in over 10 international projects, made more than 20 scientific presentations in international conferences/workshops and published more than 30 publications. He has also 2 years' experience as a Mode Technician scientific translator, 5 years' valuable management experience as a Business Manager in different international companies.
- Author(s)Dr Shouke Wei
- Date of Publication17/05/2015
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectEnvironment & Ecology: General Interest
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight240 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine9 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $192.00Trending at AU $203.71
- AU $99.00Trending at AU $101.34
- AU $67.99Trending at AU $71.54
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $79.83
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $84.84
- AU $69.95Trending at AU $80.93
- AU $64.76Trending at AU $69.55
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.