All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.18
- AU $13.90Trending at AU $17.77
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $97.55
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.18
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $37.24
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.85
- AU $71.09Trending at AU $79.99
About this product
- DescriptionIn their witty and polemical cultural analysis, art and architecture historian, Valentina Sonzogni, and philosopher, Leonardo Caffo, explore a myriad a series of visual, ethical and cultural issues relating to the idea of animality. In twenty-one playful, but passionately argued, letters to each other, Sonzogni and Caffo propose a change of attitude toward nhuman animals among advocates, artists and citizens, particularly in how other-than-human life is presented and re-presented in the visual tradition. Ranging widely across continental philosophy, art theory and cultural criticism and with nearly thirty illustrations, AN ART FOR THE OTHER is a fresh and compelling work of contemporary ideas from two of the freshest critical theoreticians in Europe today.
- Author BiographyLeonardo Caffo is a theoretical philosopher and associate fellow of the Oxford Centre for Animal Ethics. He directed and founded the magazines Animal Studies and the Italian Journal of Analytic Philosophy Junior. Valentina Sonzogni obtained a Ph.D. at the University for Applied Arts in Vienna in the history and theory of architecture. She has worked at several institutions, including the Guggenheim Foundation in New York.
- Author(s)Leonardo Caffo,Valentina Sonzogni
- PublisherLantern Books,US
- Date of Publication30/09/2015
- SubjectFine Arts / Art History
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- First Published1899
- ImprintLantern Books,US
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight272 g
- Width229 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Translated bySarah De Sanctis
- Foreword bySteve Baker
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.