All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWhen a government-sponsored high techlogy venture suddenly goes bust, Luke Barber loses his investment. But was he deliberately defrauded by one of the directors? Luke sets out to recover his money by fair means or foul, and along the way finds out about other's losses. He tries to right the wrongs, aided and abetted in his efforts by his paramour Faye Owen. Will it work out, or will the long arm of the law intervene?Set in South Australia, 'An Artful Remedy' is a tale of ordinary people driven to do uncharacteristically risky things in pursuit of redress for unexpected and very personal injustices. The story moves between the art scene involving an art gallery owner and an accomplished amateur artist, and a government-sponsored high techlogy industry based on a radical new idea for solar powered vehicles. The two worlds cross in unexpected ways.This is a yarn full of ambiguous and interesting characters, ne of whom are entirely good or entirely bad - just like real life!!It is a feel-good, light-hearted crime/adventure caper, and takes the reader on a journey full of intrigue -- it plays with emotions as the reader wonders what happens next: tension slowly builds as things become more and more dangerous. The ending will leave a big smile on the reader's face!'An Artful Remedy' is writer Richard Samulis's debut vel.
- Author BiographyRichard spent the first sixty years of his life preparing to be a fiction writer, and the last little bit being one. Born in outback Quorn, South Australia, raised in Adelaide, Richard dropped out of university and hit the road, doing all manner of jobs, including the mandatory grape picking, talc mining, car assembly, waiting-on, ditch-digging and bar work. He soon found himself in the UK, where he set up as a self-taught furniture designer and maker, having some fun and finding some satisfaction, but slowly going broke. He decided to capitalise instead on his knowledge of electronics, and embarked on a new career in the IT industry. He had considerable success, rising up the corporate ranks and managing large organisations on the way, until he gravitated towards international business. Richard variously managed Scandinavia, the Benelux countries, southern Europe, The Middle East and Africa, working for American companies, spending most of his time 'in territory' getting to really know and understand various cultures in a way that is not possible as a casual visitor. As an avid reader, he also used all of the hours spent sitting in aeroplanes to the full. Richard also found time in his life to race formula cars, fly ultralights and scuba dive all over the world, Along the way, Richard managed to marry and father two children but after his marriage failed he decided to return to Adelaide, and go back to university to do an architecture degree. Following a subsequent couple of years' internship, Richard sat the registration exams and set up his own architectural practice, but quickly found his heart lay elsewhere - in writing. Richard now travels for research and pleasure, scuba dives regularly, and plays the sax for relaxation. He is a full-time writer and publisher.
- Author(s)Richard Samulis
- PublisherCrook Books
- Date of Publication20/11/2015
- SubjectCrime, Thriller & Adventure
- Country of PublicationAustralia
- ImprintCrook Books
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight375 g
- Width133 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine18 mm
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $55.12Trending at AU $57.39
- AU $47.99Trending at AU $53.14
- AU $12.00Trending at AU $16.78
- AU $62.20Trending at AU $74.21
- AU $11.81Trending at AU $19.09
- AU $40.00Trending at AU $63.70
- AU $19.77Trending at AU $20.54
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.