All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $32.02Trending at AU $36.78
- AU $16.41Trending at AU $22.77
- AU $14.93Trending at AU $21.99
- AU $27.74Trending at AU $29.97
- AU $13.01Trending at AU $16.62
- AU $14.83Trending at AU $17.90
- AU $25.99Trending at AU $32.06
About this product
- DescriptionThis book is exactly as described by the title. An Artist's Life traces the life of the author and her family from the interwar years and her early childhood in WWII to the present day. The style of writing, with its descriptions, asides, divergences and ease of movement back and forth through time creates a sense that the author, although holding forthright views, is having a relaxed conversation with the reader. Details of living conditions in her early years will evoke many memories in those who were living through those same times. The author's passion for art from an early age, both in drawing and painting for her own fulfilment and satisfaction, and in viewing other artists' work, whether they be well kwn or unkwn, is evident throughout the book. An account of an ordinary artist's life in the extraordinary world of art. The vivid descriptions of the world about her, whether it be people with whom she works or sees on her daily commute, or the landscape and townscape through which she travels could only come from an artist with a keen eye for detail.
- Author BiographyMarilyn Swann grew up in Bexleyheath on the south-east edge of Greater London mostly during WWII. She attended Woolwich Polytechnic School of Art but family conditions (and exams) put Art College out of the question. A full time job in commercial art had to support her real job of painting. A discerning public bas bought some of her works, but not enough for her to paint full time. This had to wait until her retirement at the end of the twentieth century. She now lives with her tortoise-shell cat in Gloucestershire.
- Author(s)Marilyn Swann
- PublisherAustin Macauley Publishers
- Date of Publication31/10/2014
- SubjectAutobiography: General
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintAustin Macauley Publishers
- Out-of-print date01/12/2016
- Weight381 g
- Width130 mm
- Height197 mm
- Spine19 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.