All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionSubtitled Running In North Dakota without Freezing the Family Jewels. After 30 years of running in North Dakota, I felt it was time to share what seemed to me at least, the humorous side of road racing. Going to a running race where only 5 people show up, or running in subzero temps create funny stories. And the numerous times myself and my friends have gotten lost on race course when the organization was less than stellar. It seems as if every race I ran was an adventure. And the training that had to go into simply toeing the line sometimes forced me to question my sanity, as there were times when simply getting a run was a challenge. Running a gazillion laps in circles or suiting up for an artic trip made running an adventure. And my mind seemed to find the irony and humor in it all. I've also been told by friends that the book comes across as a good cross section of history of running in North Dakota. From the first running boom in the early 80's to w it shows how the simple act of racing has changed. And sometimes t for the better, but definitely thought provoking and funny in it's own right.
- Author BiographyI grew up in North Dakota, where harsh winters and short summers where a way of life. In a small town we never locked our doors, knew every one on our street or were in fact related to some of them. We got around on our bikes, or in the winter simply walked across town to visit a friend. It was a simple time. I had always wanted to be a writer, it just never occurred to me this would be the way I would do it! I took every writing class in High School and actually had success in some of my writing projects. But like everyone else on the planet, I had to make a living, which makes me just an Average Schmuck. When I joined the military, drugs were an every day part of life. But I found going for a run with friends in the German woods much better for the soul. And oddly enough, never good at sports in High School, I found I could run for a long time. I took joy in running and played football on our company team. And I liked it. I continued writing, entering local contests and placing 6 different times. I sent several of my short stories into national periodicals and received some very positive feed back. But they were Science Fiction or in fact horror. I loved the imagination factor, but alas was never published. I played tennis in local leagues as it was my one strong point in High School. However, I kept hurting myself, and needed to find another outlet for my energy. I went back to running. So how did I end up writing a humorous running book? It was still my imagination at work, at something that a lot of people can relate to. And a lot of what happened on the roads were, well, funny. And no one else was writing this kind of stuff. I had fun with the book as it has taken me 30 years to write.
- Author(s)MR Tracy B Vetter
- Date of Publication22/05/2013
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectHumour: Collections & General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight358 g
- Width133 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.66Trending at AU $111.11
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.37
- AU $35.43Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.35
- AU $19.16Trending at AU $23.94
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.03
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $18.30
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.