All listings for this product
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $138.24Trending at AU $168.18
- AU $15.16Trending at AU $23.66
- AU $33.79Trending at AU $49.55
- AU $24.21Trending at AU $29.47
- AU $3.99Trending at AU $6.49
- AU $20.71Trending at AU $24.23
- AU $15.78Trending at AU $17.57
About this product
- DescriptionAn der Spitze is a 2-year course that fully prepares students in years 10 and 11 for the updated Key Stage 4 German specifications. Written by two authors who are highly experienced in the teaching and examining of German, An der Spitze aims to give students the confidence, fluency and linguistic competence that are required for success at Key Stage 4. Features of An der Spitze include: - coverage of all GCSE topics offered by the English awarding bodies - a thorough, rigorous approach to essential grammar, with clear explanations and practice exercises comprehensive treatment of the key vocabulary needed, giving a secure base for the examination - integration of cultural topics on German-speaking countries into listening and reading texts, with insights into German social and cultural life - carefully developed sequences of exercises that aim to exploit the topics fully - a balanced approach to the skills of listening, speaking, reading and writing - periodic revision units, to enable students to consolidate their learning The course book is accompanied by An der Spitze Teacher Guide plus CD (978 1844 897247) which includes free audio CDs of the listening material to support the book.
- Author BiographyBirgit Linton is a Tutor in German at the Department of Languages and Translation Studies of the University of Surrey, where she has taught on a variety of programmes since 1991. Janet Searle has more than 25 years' experience as a teacher and examiner in MFL and is now a Chief Examiner for German. She is an experienced writer of educational texts in German and of assessment materials for German at Key Stage 4. Series Editor Mike Thacker is a former Director of the Language Centre at the University of Surrey. He is the author of several textbooks for the teaching of Spanish and has many years of experience as a senior examiner at GCSE and A-level.
- Author(s)Birgit Linton,Janet Searle
- PublisherHodder Education
- Date of Publication24/04/2009
- SubjectSchool Textbooks & Study Guides: Literature, Arts & Humanities
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPhilip Allan Updates
- Out-of-print date30/08/2016
- Content NoteFull colour throughout
- Weight520 g
- Width214 mm
- Height276 mm
- Spine11 mm
- Series Edited byMike Thacker
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
- Educational LevelUK School Key Stage 4
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.