All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.17
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.76
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.75
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.67
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.64
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.76
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $25.57
About this product
- DescriptionLearn how educators are using Minecraft(R) as a powerful instructional tool to engage students and teach subjects as varied as math and humanities. This book offers ten classroom projects from teachers using Minecraft(R) to teach math, science, languages, and more. Each project includes learning objectives, project organization and tasks, and ideas for reflection and assessments. You'll also find detailed instructions for setting up and running a Minecraft(R) server in the classroom, both the regular and the popular MinecraftEdu versions. In this book, you'll discover * What Minecraft(R) is and why it's such an engaging tool for the classroom.* How to set up and administer servers that students use for their projects.* What MinecraftEdu is, how to set up and manage it, and how to use its teacher controls.* Techniques for using the game in special-education settings.* Step-by-step instructions for printing 3D models of your classroom projects.* Ways to use the game in a variety of different subject areas. You'll find essential advice and captivating projects for using Minecraft(R) to enhance students' learning experience from educators using Minecraft(R) in the Classroom: Shane Asselstine, Dan Bloom, Andre Chercka, Adam Clarke, Stephen Elford, Colin Gallagher, David Lee, John Miller, Eric Walker, and James York. Minecraft(R) is a trademark of Mojang Synergies/Notch Development AB. This book is t affiliated with or sponsored by Mojang Synergies/Notch Development AB.
- Author BiographyColin Gallagher is an educator based in Singapore who loves computer games and using computer games in education. Colin is the host of Minechat YouTube channel and editor of edutechniques.com, an educational technology website. Colin have been named an Apple Distinguished Educator and a Google Certified Teacher and has given a TedX talk on bringing technology into the classroom.
- Author(s)Colin Crompton Gallagher
- PublisherPearson Education (US)
- Date of Publication14/10/2014
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationBerkeley
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPeachpit Press Publications
- Content Notecolour illustrations, colour tables, figures
- Weight528 g
- Width181 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine14 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.