An Elm Creek Quilts Album: Three Novels in the Popular Series by Jennifer Chiaverini (Other book format, 2006)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $35.41+ AU $10.00 postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by roxy*books
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $19.44+ AU $4.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThree complete vels, The Runaway Quilt, The Quilter's Legacy, and The Master Quilter, from New York Times bestselling author Jennifer Chiaverini. Join the Elm Creek Quilters on their continuing adventures through American history past and present, told from the unique perspective of the creative artists kwn as quilters. The Runaway Quilt: Alerted that her family may have had ties to the slaveholding South, Sylvia Bergstrom Compson searches her attic for her great-grandmother's quilt, a log cabin with black central squares that, according to legend, was a sign of sanctuary to escaping slaves. She also discovers the memoir of her great-grandfather's spinster sister, Gerda Bergstrom. The record reveals t only the founding of Elm Creek Mar, but also a Pennsylvania farming community divided by the issue of slavery. With the help of the Elm Creek Quilters and the clues in her ancestors' quilts, Sylvia grapples with hard truths in coming to terms with her family's past. The Quilter's Legacy: Resolving to locate her mother's heirloom quilts, Sylvia embarks on a cross-country investigation of antiques shops, quilt museums, and some unexpected places, where offers of assistance are t always what they seem. As Sylvia recovers some of the missing quilts and accepts others as lost forever, she reflects on the woman her mother was and mourns the woman she never knew. The Master Quilter: Wedding bells are ringing in the ears of the Elm Creek Quilters. Their own Sylvia planned her holiday wedding with sweetheart Andrew in complete secrecy. Eager to hor the newlyweds, the Elm Creek Quilters hasten to stitch a bridal quilt for their favorite Master Quilter. As the quilt blocks accumulate, the Elm Creek Quilters celebrate the joys of new beginnings and the ongoing success of their business -- until forces conspire to threaten their happiness and prosperity. Will the burden of closely guarded secrets strain the bonds of friendship? A shared love for quilting, The Hartford Courant has observed, helps bring women together. Quilters always welcome new ones and share what they kw...in the popular Elm Creek Quilts vels. Here in An Elm Creek Quilts Album, Jennifer Chiaverini's captivating storytelling enacts the enduring wisdom of a joyful sisterhood of family and friends.
- Author(s)Jennifer Chiaverini
- PublisherSimon & Schuster
- Date of Publication01/10/2006
- FormatOther book format
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Series TitleElm Creek Quilts Novels (Simon & Schuster)
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- First Published2006
- Weight1008 g
- Width148 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine54 mm
- Format DetailsCloth over boards
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $79.99Trending at AU $86.44
- AU $52.60Trending at AU $61.12
- AU $72.44Trending at AU $79.24
- AU $52.90Trending at AU $53.46
- AU $43.80Trending at AU $49.41
- AU $36.85Trending at AU $50.82
- AU $12.24Trending at AU $21.10
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.