An Encyclopedia of the Wines and Domaines of France by Clive Coates (Hardback, 2000)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $158.39+ AU $7.50 postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by roxy*books
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $8.56+ AU $6.00 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by worldofbooks-australia
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Best-selling in Cook Books
- AU $27.07New
- AU $14.68New
- AU $21.77New
Save on Cook Books
- AU $30.37Trending at AU $31.29
- AU $22.16Trending at AU $30.28
- AU $29.48Trending at AU $35.67
- AU $32.29Trending at AU $34.07
- AU $44.33Trending at AU $44.84
About this product
- DescriptionIn this handsome and engaging book, Clive Coates, one of the world's leading authorities on wine, gives us the most up-to-date, comprehensive, and detailed study of the wines of France ever written. Coates's vast kwledge of his subject together with his natural gift as a storyteller make An Encyclopedia of the Wines and Domaines of France as informative as it is entertaining. He discusses every appellation and explains its character, distinguishes the best growers, and uses a star system to identify the finest estates. With more than forty specially commissioned maps that show the main appellations and wine villages of France in detail and a format that invites browsing as well as in-depth study, this book will be essential reading for anyone, professional or amateur, interested in wine.
Coates gives ample reasons for his belief that France produces the finest wines in the world, in a volume and variety other country can match. He shows how, despite savage competition from other countries, France holds its own. It t only creates great wines, he says, it also produces affordable wines. The outcome of thirty-five years of traveling around the French vineyards, this book displays a continuing love and respect for French wines and the vignerons of this remarkable country. In discussing each region and its wines in detail, Coates leaves stone unturned. His encyclopedic kwledge is evident, bringing the places and the people where these great wines are created to life.
- Author BiographyClive Coates, M.W., was awarded the Chevalier de l'Ordre du Merite by the French government, the Ruffino/Cyril Ray Memorial Prize for his work on Italian wine, and the title of Wine Writer of the Year for 1998/1999 in the Champagne Lanson awards. He has published The Vine, his independent fine wine magazine, since 1985. His books include Claret (1982), Wines of France (1990), Grands Vins: The Finest Chateaux of Bordeaux and their Wines (California, 1995), and Cote D'Or: A Celebration of the Great Wines of Burgundy (California, 1997), which won the Champagne Veuve Clicquot Prize, the Andre Simon Award, and the James Beard Award.
- Author(s)Clive Coates
- PublisherUniversity of California Press
- Date of Publication22/12/2000
- SubjectOther Beverages
- Place of PublicationBerkerley
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of California Press
- Weight2114 g
- Width216 mm
- Height280 mm
- Spine50 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.