All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionReprint of the first American edition. With tes and references to English and American cases. Of all the French writers upon Commercial Law, Emerigon holds the first rank. His writings and his reputation are t confined to France alone, for the jurists of Great Britain and the United States have equally derived assistance form his labors, and have borne their united testimony to his great learning and diligence. Lord Ellenborough says, who has equaled Emerigon as a theoretical and practical writer on the Law of Insurance? He has exhausted every topic, so far as materials were within his reach; and upon all new questions his work, for illustration, and authorities, and usages, is still unrivalled. Chancellor Kent has spoken with equal warmth and truthfulness of Emerigon, for he remarks, that his [Essay on Maritime Loans] very far surpasses all preceding works in the extent, value, and practical application of his principles. It is the most didactic, learned, and finished production extant on the subject. He professedly carried his researches into the antiquities of the maritime law, and illustrated the ordinances by what he terms the jurisprudence of the tribunals; and he discusses all incidental questions, so as to bring within the compass of his work a great portion of international and commercial law connected with the doctrines of Insurance. In the language of Lord Tenterden, subject in Emerigon is discussed without being exhausted, and the eulogy is as just as it is splendid.' -J. G. Marvin, Legal Bibliography (1847) 292. BALTHAZARD-MARIE EMERIGON [1716-1785] was the leading French authority on commercial law. His reputation rests on his Nouveau Commentaire sur l'Ordonnance de la Marine, du Mois d'Aout 1681 (1780) and Traite des Assurances et des Contrats a la Grosse (1783).
- Author(s)Balthazard-Mari Emerigon
- PublisherLawbook Exchange, Ltd.
- Date of Publication23/09/2011
- SubjectNational Law: Professional
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintLawbook Exchange, Ltd.
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight635 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine22 mm
- Translated byJohn F Hall
- Format DetailsSewn,Cloth over boards
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $86.95New
- AU $40.99Used
- AU $112.52New
- AU $97.37Used
- AU $33.12New
- AU $30.22New
- AU $20.34New
- AU $30.69New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $35.02Trending at AU $37.84
- AU $39.15Trending at AU $43.21
- AU $60.93Trending at AU $62.81
- AU $49.18Trending at AU $52.50
- AU $28.30Trending at AU $30.11
- AU $44.93Trending at AU $46.10
- AU $18.77Trending at AU $23.85
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.