An Exceptional Journey: And the Two Shall Become One by Mrs Peggy Patton Griffin, MR William Griffin Jr (Paperback / softback, 2012)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $29.64Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by fishpondnewzealand
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $25.95+ AU $7.95 postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFor Peggy Patton and her six siblings, life during the Depression in Franklin County, North Carolina, is a hard one lived in extreme poverty. Somehow they managed to get by...until the night in 1940 when her father falls ill and subsequently suffers a fatal heart attack. William Billy Ray Griffin, Jr., a depression-error baby himself, is born in Durham, North Carolina, one year earlier than Peggy. One of four children, his family struggles to keep food on the table when, in 1945, five years after the death of Richard Patton, Billy's father, William Sr., also suffers a fatal heart attack. Their mothers, ill-equipped to work their way out of such dire circumstances, have only one real alternative at their disposal: find homes for their children, either with relatives or, in the case of both Peggy and Billy, at an orphanage. While initially t the greatest of news, for both Peggy and Billy the decision will wind up shaping their lives in incredibly positive ways. Peggy arrives first at the Methodist Orphanage of Raleigh, North Carolina, at the age of six with her younger sister in tow. Now receiving three meals a day, her own bed, and an education with many fellow students and orphans to play with, Peggy quickly begins to t only appreciate her new home, but to thrive in it. As she grows older, a new resident she will come to kw as Billy moves into the boys' domitories. By the time they reach high school, Peggy is a starter for the girls' basketball team and Billy makes horary all-conference as a player for the football team. And together, they make one of the orphanage's cutest couples. But when Billy graduates a year before her, they can only wonder what the future has in store. A heartwarming memoir of perserverence, hope and the extraordinary circumstances that bring us together and tear us apart, An Exceptional: And the Two Shall Become One will lift your spirits with a tale that could happen in America.
- Author BiographyWilliam (Billy) Ray Griffin Jr and Peggy Patton met as children in the Methodist Orphanage in Raleigh, North Carolina. They fell in love and married in 1954. They will celebrate 58 years of marriage on August 28, 2012. They continue to be loyal and faithful to the home that gave them so much. Billy serves as President of the Methodist Orphanage alumni association and Peggy works along side of him as Secretary. Peggy entered the orphanage at age six and Billy came later at the age of eleven.
- Author(s)MR William Griffin Jr,Mrs Peggy Patton Griffin
- Date of Publication07/03/2012
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectBiography: General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight200 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine8 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $37.00Trending at AU $37.79
- AU $23.22Trending at AU $28.78
- AU $27.51Trending at AU $30.65
- AU $17.51Trending at AU $30.49
- AU $6.90Trending at AU $9.90
- AU $15.62Trending at AU $17.49
- AU $21.93Trending at AU $30.25
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.