All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionNew Zealand is an extraordinary land. It has been called 'the closest thing to life on ather planet' and 'a planetary lifeboat'. The main reason behind this land's uniqueness is that the islands have remained an isolated outpost for life in the midst of the ocean. This isolation has been a huge advantage. It has turned New Zealand into a wild laboratory where evolution could conduct experiments that led to weird and wonderful outcomes. And this uniqueness has also made New Zealand a magnet for scientists from around the world; yet many locals have idea what's so special about their environment. These stories will present new Zealand's wildlife as never before. It will solve some mysteries and explode some myths with the help of those at the front line of science and conservation.
- Author BiographyPeter Hayden is a well-known actor who worked with the Natural History Unit of TVNZ for many years telling New Zealand's stories about the country's wildlife and natural habitats. Rod Morris is an award-winning photographer who has also worked for the Natural History Unit.
- PrizesShortlisted for New Zealand Post Children's Book Awards: Non-Fiction Award 2014.
- Author(s)Peter Hayden
- PublisherHarperCollins Publishers (New Zealand)
- Date of Publication03/05/2013
- SubjectNatural History: Animal & Wildlife
- Place of PublicationAuckland
- Country of PublicationNew Zealand
- ImprintHarperCollins Publishers (New Zealand)
- Weight900 g
- Width200 mm
- Height240 mm
- Spine28 mm
- Photographs byRod Morris
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $37.00Trending at AU $37.87
- AU $23.22Trending at AU $28.84
- AU $27.51Trending at AU $30.71
- AU $17.51Trending at AU $30.55
- AU $6.90Trending at AU $9.93
- AU $15.62Trending at AU $17.52
- AU $21.93Trending at AU $30.31
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.