All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThere's where quite like Burracombe - a village full of warmth and intrigue...It's a summer's day in 1953 that turns Hilary Napier's life upside down. When Marianne, a beautiful French woman, kcks on her door, Hilary can't help but be struck by Robert, the young boy with her. He has the same eyes as the brother she lost in the war. As she listens to Marianne's sad tale, she realises that her soldier brother lives on in the son he never met. But this is only the first revelation...As the village of Burracombe tries to make sense of the strangers in their midst, there is also much to celebrate. A wedding is being planned, a birth is imminent and a courtship just beginning. Yet, as always, life is complicated, and some people must learn cruel truths about the world...
- Author BiographyLilian Harry grew up near Portsmouth and now lives in a village on the edge of Dartmoor with her two miniature schnauzers. A keen bell-ringer and member of the local drama group, Lilian loves to walk on the moors. Her daughter and two grandchildren live nearby. Follow her on Twitter @LilianHarry.
- Author(s)Lilian Harry
- PublisherOrion Publishing Co
- Date of Publication03/02/2011
- SubjectRomance & Sagas
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintOrion (an Imprint of The Orion Publishing Group Ltd )
- Content Notemap
- Weight256 g
- Width128 mm
- Height197 mm
- Spine24 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $16.95Trending at AU $23.18
- AU $47.99Trending at AU $53.24
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $31.13
- AU $47.56Trending at AU $49.64
- AU $26.48Trending at AU $34.75
- AU $27.13Trending at AU $27.89
- AU $11.85Trending at AU $14.33
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.