All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionOriginally published in 1992, 'An Illustrated History of New Mexico' combines over two hundred photographs and a concise history to create an engaging, paramic view of New Mexico's fascinating past. For thousands of years various cultures have filtered into New Mexico, and each has adapted to the land. New Mexico has become a cosmopolitan society of many nationalities and ethnicities, all influenced by those who came before, and all part of a distinctive New Mexican culture that thrives today.
- Author BiographyThomas E Chavez received a PhD in history from the University of New Mexico. In April 2002, Chavez was appointed the Director of the National Hispanic Cultural Center in Albuquerque, New Mexico. He was the Director of the Palace of the Governors of the Museum of New Mexico in Santa Fe from 1982 to 2002. He is the author of several books on the Southwest, including 'Illustrated History of New Mexico', 'Manuel Alvarez, 1794-1856: A Southwestern Biography', and 'Quest for Quivera: Spanish Exploration in the Plains'.
- Author(s)Thomas E. Chavez
- PublisherUniversity of New Mexico Press
- Date of Publication15/07/2002
- SubjectRegional History
- Place of PublicationAlbuquerque, NM
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of New Mexico Press
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight658 g
- Width200 mm
- Height255 mm
- Spine18 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.66Trending at AU $96.35
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.37
- AU $35.43Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.35
- AU $18.96Trending at AU $24.44
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.03
- AU $16.98Trending at AU $18.30
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.