An Illustrated History of the Weapons of World War Two: A Comprehensive Directory of the Military Weapons Used in World War Two, from Field Artillery and Tanks to Torpedo Boats and Night Fighters, with More Than 180 Photographs by Donald Sommerville (Paperback, 2011)
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis is a comprehensive directory of the military weapons used in World War Two, from field artillery and tanks to torpedo boats and night fighters, with more than 180 photographs. It covers all the main weaponry of the Allies and the opposing military alliance, with specification boxes providing information on each techlogy. It is a visual guide to the techlogies used during World War Two, illustrated throughout with compelling photographs taken during the conflict. It is divided into three sections on the Army, Air Force and Navy. It describes all the most effective weapons of war, from escort carriers and heavy cruisers to rockets and the atom bomb. It features at-a-glance statistics for every weapon, such as crew, rate of fire, weight, length, height, muzzle velocity, speed, range, engine and armament. This comprehensive book brings together all the main weapons and techlogies that were used during the war. The weapons are grouped chrologically and divided into three sections. The first, Army Weapons, features weapons used by the armies, such as Assault Guns, Heavy Mortars and V-Weapons. This is followed by Air Force Weapons, which includes Night Fighters, Fighters and Jet Aircraft, and finally Naval Weapons, featuring Heavy Cruisers, Torpedo Boats and Midget Submarines. A brief history describes when and how each was used, the successes and failures, and lists the key specifications. This magnificent guide to the weapons used during World War Two is illustrated with more than 180 evocative photographs taken during the war, and is a fascinating reference book ideal for both general and specialist readers.
- Author BiographyDonald Sommerville is a writer and editor specializing in military history. His books include Monty: A Biography of Field Marshal Montgomery; Revolutionary Warfare, 1916: The Year of Attrition; and World War II Day by Day. He holds degrees in History from University College, Oxford, and in War Studies from King's College, London.
- Author(s)Donald Sommerville
- PublisherAnness Publishing
- Date of Publication15/11/2011
- SubjectMilitary History
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Noteover 180 colour photographs
- Weight517 g
- Width228 mm
- Height297 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Format DetailsWith flaps
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.64Trending at AU $111.11
- AU $35.06Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $78.04
- AU $18.76Trending at AU $24.44
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.03
- AU $16.98Trending at AU $18.30
- AU $51.96Trending at AU $53.08
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.