All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis is a new volume in a continuing series of publications listing and identifying all illustrations contained in English manuscripts from the time of Chaucer to Henry VIII. This was an important period in the history of English book production, and the range of subject-matter illustrated is of significance to historians of art, religion, literature, costume, natural science, and social custom. The present volume catalogues manuscripts in institutional collections in New York City, including the collections of the Morgan Library. The catalogue contains entries for 79 manuscripts and tes the subject-matter of every illustration in each manuscript, from full-page miniatures and historiated initials to marginalia, added drawings and ta bene signs. A comprehensive index of pictorial subjects provides readers with complete references to the visual material with thematic groupings making the following categories easily accessible: animals, birds, Christ, costume, kings, medical and musical instruments, occupations/professions, personifications, saints, Virgin Mary, weapons and women. The volume also includes a User's Guide, an extensive glossary of subjects and terms and indexes of authors/texts and manuscripts with coats of arms.
- Author(s)Martha W Driver,Michael T Orr
- PublisherBrepols N.V.
- Date of Publication30/03/2007
- SubjectEncyclopedias & General Reference
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationBelgium
- ImprintHarvey Miller Publishers
- Content Notefigures
- Weight703 g
- Width212 mm
- Height270 mm
- Spine12 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.51
- AU $35.82Trending at AU $40.79
- AU $18.96Trending at AU $23.98
- AU $17.16Trending at AU $18.34
- AU $57.88Trending at AU $63.53
- AU $19.95Trending at AU $20.35
- AU $16.96Trending at AU $23.43
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.