All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe History of the Patriarchs of the Coptic Church is an extensive work, originally written in Arabic, and translated, edited, and published in English between 1904 and 1974. The history covers the genealogy of Christ, the martyrdom of Saint Mark, and the life of Cyril V, the 112th patriarch of the Coptic Church, among other topics.Lola Atiya prelpared an exclusive index to the History. This five-sectioned index provides names of persons and groups, locations in Egypt, a complete list of churches, convents, monasteries, mosques, and synagogues mentioned in the text.A brief glance might suggest that The History of the Patriarchs of the Coptic Church is simply an ecclesiastical history. Rather, this important volume stands apart as an important record of twenty centuries of historical, social, and ecomic factors affecting Egypt and the greater Middle East. This comprehensive index makes that important work accessible to scholars and students.
- Author BiographyThe late Lola Atiya was wife of the Dr. Aziz Atiya, founder of the University of Utah's Middle East Center and a prominent world scholar of early Christianity.
- Author(s)Lola Atiya
- PublisherUniversity of Utah Press,U.S.
- Date of Publication15/05/2010
- LanguageArabic & English
- SubjectRegional History
- Place of PublicationSalt Lake City
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of Utah Press,U.S.
- Content Notefrontispiece
- Weight617 g
- Width221 mm
- Height284 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Format DetailsSewn,Cloth over boards
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.11
- AU $34.68Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $73.14Trending at AU $74.82
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.76
- AU $37.59Trending at AU $40.09
- AU $34.37Trending at AU $36.09
- AU $28.53Trending at AU $29.80
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.