An Introduction to Analysis of Financial Data with R by Ruey S. Tsay (Hardback, 2012)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $194.50+ AU $10.00 postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by roxy*books
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $188.93+ AU $4.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA complete set of statistical tools for beginning financial analysts from a leading authority Written by one of the leading experts on the topic, An Introduction to Analysis of Financial Data with R explores basic concepts of visualization of financial data. Through a fundamental balance between theory and applications, the book supplies readers with an accessible approach to financial ecometric models and their applications to real-world empirical research. The author supplies a hands-on introduction to the analysis of financial data using the freely available R software package and case studies to illustrate actual implementations of the discussed methods. The book begins with the basics of financial data, discussing their summary statistics and related visualization methods. Subsequent chapters explore basic time series analysis and simple ecometric models for business, finance, and ecomics as well as related topics including: * Linear time series analysis, with coverage of exponential smoothing for forecasting and methods for model comparison * Different approaches to calculating asset volatility and various volatility models * High-frequency financial data and simple models for price changes, trading intensity, and realized volatility * Quantitative methods for risk management, including value at risk and conditional value at risk * Ecometric and statistical methods for risk assessment based on extreme value theory and quantile regression Throughout the book, the visual nature of the topic is showcased through graphical representations in R, and two detailed case studies demonstrate the relevance of statistics in finance. A related website features additional data sets and R scripts so readers can create their own simulations and test their comprehension of the presented techniques. An Introduction to Analysis of Financial Data with R is an excellent book for introductory courses on time series and business statistics at the upper-undergraduate and graduate level. The book is also an excellent resource for researchers and practitioners in the fields of business, finance, and ecomics who would like to enhance their understanding of financial data and today's financial markets.
- Author BiographyRUEY S. TSAY, PhD, is H.G.B. Alexander Professor of Econometrics and Statistics at The University of Chicago Booth School of Business. Dr. Tsay has written over 100 published articles in the areas of business and economic forecasting, data analysis, risk management, and process control. A Fellow of the American Statistical Association, the Institute of Mathematical Statistics, and Academia Sinica, Dr. Tsay is author of Analysis of Financial Time Series, Third Edition and coauthor of A Course in Time Series Analysis.
- Author(s)Ruey S. Tsay
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication07/12/2012
- SubjectFinance & Accounting
- Series TitleWiley Series in Probability and Statistics
- Place of PublicationHoboken
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight778 g
- Width160 mm
- Height241 mm
- Spine26 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.88
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.89
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.37
- AU $71.21Trending at AU $75.12
- AU $31.51Trending at AU $37.08
- AU $25.48Trending at AU $28.39
- AU $9.83Trending at AU $14.06
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.