All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $32.27Trending at AU $36.89
- AU $26.57Trending at AU $36.89
- AU $30.05Trending at AU $40.13
- AU $14.93Trending at AU $22.05
- AU $28.03Trending at AU $30.06
- AU $26.84Trending at AU $29.51
- AU $19.77Trending at AU $29.90
About this product
- DescriptionArthropod pests are responsible for huge annual losses in global crop production and for transmitting a number of infectious diseases. The control of such pests is therefore of the utmost importance. An Introduction to Arthropod Pest Control provides a detailed overview of approaches to pest control including chemical pest control, the use of biological and biorational control agents, as well as the latest developments in biotechlogy. The book specifically emphasises the techniques available for controlling pests using examples of crop pests, animal pests, and pests that transmit disease, from a wide range of countries. The book is intended as a standard introductory text for undergraduate and postgraduate students in the fields of pest control, entomology, crop protection, and agricultural and environmental sciences. It is also aimed at professional pest control practitioners and government employees working in extension services.
- Author BiographyJ. R. M. Thacker is Senior Lecturer in the Department of Biological Sciences, University of Paisley in Scotland.
- Author(s)J.R.M. Thacker
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication17/10/2002
- SubjectLife Sciences: Zoology
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Note85 b/w illus. 20 colour illus. 76 tables
- Weight680 g
- Width152 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine22 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.