All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionChristians share a common concern for the earth. Evangelicals emphasize creation care; mainline Protestants embrace the green movement; the Catholic Church lists 10 deadly environmental sins; and the Eastern Orthodox Patriarch has declared climate change an urgent issue of social and ecomic justice. This textbook examines seven contemporary environmental challenges through the lens of classical Christian virtues. Authors Kathryn Blanchard and Kevin O'Brien use these classical Christian virtues to seek a golden mean between extreme positions by pairing each virtue with a pernicious environmental problem. Students are thus led past political pitfalls and encouraged to care for other creatures prudently , to develop new energy sources courageously , to choose our food temperately , to manage toxic pollution justly , to respond to climate change faithfully , to consider humanity's future hopefully , and to engage lovingly in advocacy for God's earth. Readers will emerge from this text with a deeper understanding of contemporary environmental problems and the fundamentals of Christian virtue ethics.
- Author BiographyKathryn D. Blanchard is Associate Professor of Religious Studies at Alma College. Kevin J. O'Brien is Associate Professor of Religion at Pacific Lutheran University.
- Author(s)Kathryn D. Blanchard,Kevin J. O'Brien
- PublisherBaylor University Press
- Date of Publication15/11/2014
- SubjectChristian Theology
- Place of PublicationWaco
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintBaylor University Press
- Weight315 g
- Width152 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine13 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $79.89Trending at AU $90.22
- AU $17.51Trending at AU $30.26
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.54
- AU $22.32Trending at AU $36.99
- AU $40.87Trending at AU $45.02
- AU $35.26Trending at AU $35.78
- AU $36.61Trending at AU $37.24
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.