Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $126.09New
Management: the Essentials by Mary Coulter, Megan Woods, Stephen Robbins, David De Cenzo (Paperback, 2015)
- AU $111.71New
- AU $93.44Used
- AU $101.53New
- AU $78.95New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.05
- AU $87.90Trending at AU $89.13
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.49
- AU $38.81Trending at AU $50.27
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $74.17
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $108.86
- AU $22.63Trending at AU $23.24
About this product
- DescriptionNow available to an English-speaking audience, this book is a comprehensive grammar of classical Nahuatl, the literary language of the Aztecs. It offers students of Nahuatl a complete and clear treatment of the language's structure, grammar and vocabulary. It is divided into 35 chapters, beginning with basic syntax and progressing gradually to more complex structures. Each grammatical concept is illustrated clearly with examples, exercises and passages for translation. A key is provided to allow students to check their answers. By far the most approachable textbook of Nahuatl available, this book will be an excellent teaching tool both for classroom use and for readers pursuing independent study of the language. It will be an invaluable resource to anthropologists, ethgraphers, historians, archaeologists and linguists alike.
- Author BiographyMichel Launey, now retired, was a professor at the Universite Denis Diderot, Paris and the Institut de Recherches pour le Developpement, Cayenne. He was a visiting professor at the Universidad de Guadalajara, Universidad Nacional Autonoma de Mexico and Yale University, among others. His other books include Introduction ... la langue et ... la literature azteques (the French edition of this book, published in 1979), Une grammaire omnipredicative (1994) and Awna Parikwaki: Introduction ... la langue palikur de Guyane et de l'Amapa (2003).
- Author(s)Michel Launey
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication11/07/2011
- SubjectLanguage Learning (other than ELT)
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Note1465 exercises
- Weight770 g
- Width152 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine30 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.